Friday, September 26, 2008

Vacation Alert

I am hopping on a plane in an hour to take a vacation (although I plan to post regularly next week).  Frequent readers know that when I go on vacation, some sort of banking failure or bailout ordinarily occurs so I thought it would be helpful to give everyone fair warning.  Last time it was Fannie and Freddie.  The time before, it was Bear.  I would've guessed that the FDIC would seize WaMu while I was on my flight, but they did that last night so the low hanging fruit has already been picked.  Rampant speculation is always welcome from readers.  Hope everyone can have a good weekend despite all of the scary news circulating about our financial system.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Ouch! can you stop taking vacations, your ruining our financial system :P Well wherever you are going take some pics and tell us about it next week :) Hey i found a site that you might like, baraaza.com

Anonymous said...

No!!! I don't buy the whole "K10 goes on vacation and something collapses" theory, but we need mockery to offset the relentless misinformation about the meltdown. Especially for those of us watching from overseas...